Saturday, June 12, 2010

me, you and Him.

There is me,
Then there is you...

There is us...
then them.

We hold on tight,
like intertwined birds,
scared to fend off the familiar,
scared to let Him...

I am scared,
you are scared...
It seems as though he shakes it all to the roots...

You give him an eel, and he takes the mile.
He turns it upside down and vibrates it to the core.
Everything not rooted falls away...
Maybe we'll even fall off eachother...

He shakes us to the core...
such that we aren't holding onto eachother,
such that we end up holding onto Him...

And only Him...
we weren't meant to hold onto eachother only,
you and me.
It was always supposed to be me, you and Him...
always.

...So let's let Him shake us.

8 comments:

  1. I love this. It's a love triangle, yet sometimes we just think a relationship is about "me and you" instead of "me, you, and Him."

    PS: I always look forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Mwajim. Just finished watching "Not easily Broken" - the T.D Jakes movie. Three cords that cannot be broken, Me, my spouse and Him. God just confirmed what He has spoken to me in that movie through you. You are a blessing my friend.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me when I say I some kind of release when I first read this.. Finding it hard to let go has been a problem but I am sure learning to and I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything we are unwilling to let go of, no matter the good intentions, is an idol.

    So holding every other thing losely and holding on to HIM firmly will makes the lines fall in pleasant places.

    One one Mwajimal

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.I totally can relate. It seem as though holding onto each other is loose, never complements. But bringing HIM is perfection. I think if you see a shrink, they'll say you have some ESTJ personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! I'm guessing the 'him' is the great God of ours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! It takes 3 to make it right!

    ReplyDelete