Friday, May 20, 2011

Gratitude Countdown: Day 3

I'm counting down to graduation, and in the midst of change and busyness, I want to keep a positive perspective of the numerous things i'm grateful for! 

Join Me :)

***

I can't believe it is just 3 days left *hyperventilating* (in a good way of course).  
 

           MY ODE TO THE PLACE AND PEOPLE AND TIMES THAT MADE MY HEART SKIP IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS 


Gratitude. 
 
Strumming with silent drums on days that could not tell that life was hard to make it by.
Livid with memories that interplay into the darkest of our souls...

...warmth.
...smiles.
...embraces.
...hugs.

my home way from home.
the serene comfort i found in its eyes... 
the soft breeze of welcome...
the lush padding of support...

the tears...
the anger...
the frustrations...

so far away now they seem. 

...And... worth it.

my family away from my family.
my strangers that turned familiar...
my stranger-families...
my familiar that turned strangers...
familiar strangers...

strange corners that became comfortable niches... 
suspect places that became comfort zones...
non-threaded paths that became hideouts...


Gratitude.





***

0 comments:

Post a Comment