Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Obligatory End-of-the-Year Reflections

I lied.


I'm not reflecting. Not on here at least. Sorry.


But, what I am doing instead is a meme I stole from this blog. Feel free to read the rules and participate. It entails going through the first posts of each month this year, pasting the first sentence from each post and the link to that post.


Hummm wait, that does sound like reflection at the end of the day! So I wasn't lying in my title then :D


I spent the past hour or so living through the motives behind the different posts as I flipped through the months and reflecting on what state I was in.
In short - 2011 was a great year :) in EVERY area - yup, I said it, even though I had months where I was wasn't feeling so up or tidy, it was still a great year. And guess what? 2012 will be even greater.
You want to know why? Because I serve "... the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not." (Romans 4:17b, NIV). 


I began the year in the midst of pivotal change. In short, in those few months of the first quarter of the year, the only few things I was sure of was my past and my present... really simple things like my name... those sorts of things were what I was sure of. Where I would be moving to or what my life would be turning into after college were in the dark. The second quarter met me trying to graduate college as a sane person and battling a personal lost cause. I learnt that I can be an emotional mess and do well on an exam! Good times, good times - lol. The third quarter saw me mourning and celebrating - it is terrible to have a really good thing and a sad thing happen to you at the same time. You aren't quite sure which to do at what time: cry or laugh? It was quite confusing. The last quarter saw me mustering courage and ambition and making friends and just stepping out more and more out of my comfort zone. This quarter was my return to what I'd now call my new normal :) The past few months have been some of the best of the year so far!


So, while I wait to be transformed into what He is calling me into, enjoy the trip down memory lane!


January:  I’ve been missing God for… o say like weeks now.
February: But in our time something new has been added. (Romans 3:21, The MSG)
March: Sara's lyrics convey the perfect words for what is on my heart right now...
April: Something I will tell my Daughter earlier on... 
May: So… it is officially less than 3 weeks to my undergraduate graduation. 
June: I have a lot to say and write but I can't, mostly because my mind has been racing faster than the speed of light and I'm really really lazy now (this is what five years of college does to you) so these things will have stay between me and Him.
July: I think I can finally sit through and sift through my thoughts that have been running faster than the speed of light. 
August: Yes, we are in a broken world - there is so much pain...
September: Time is moving so fast.
October: You know that peach perfect day when you stand on the green grass and feel the air sharp and fresh through your lungs...? 
November: It's funny - tomorrow is my birthday.  
December: "We traded up, we traded out" We say.


Have a festive New Year Celebrations!!! 


See ya in 2012 by HIS Grace! Enjoy :D

5 comments:

  1. I loved this. Very creative. I think it is so interesting to see how the ways we let things out (in this case, by blogging) are truly reflections of our current state of mind. From this list and with your background story, I can definitely see the progression in your moods and a little glimpse of your state of mind throughout the year. Amazing isn't it? I wonder if this realization will eventually make us more or less cautious of what we write? Rhetoric...

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I enjoyed reading this so interesting twist and change of moods all through. This explains the bio highly volatile can only be quenched by the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ the bio comment - you guessed absolutely right :) Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is amazing. I love going back especially through writings, gives me an even better sense of amusement and appreciation of how far God has brought me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how the first sentences of each month can demonstrate your mind-frame for the entire year. I'm glad you had a good year, even through the ups and downs. Happy new year, Mwajim. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete